At BGC Greater Saint John, we believe in providing opportunities for all young people.
We have identified the following opportunities; check them out!
Truth & Reconciliation:
BGC Canada Statement on Kamloops Residential Schools:
“The tragedy of residential schools is not “history”—it is an ongoing trauma for families and communities. And it should be a wake up call for all of us—a reminder that we must create a different future. We must do more.” – Owen Charters (CEO BGC Canada)
- Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada: Calls to Action
- United Nations Declaration on the Rights to Indigenous Peoples (UNDRIP)
- UNDRIP for Indigenous Youth
- Indigenous ally toolkit
- National Reconciliation book club
- How to talk about Reconciliation
- Federal Act Bill C-92 compliance guide for social workers and service providers