There’s a reason why BGC Greater Saint John is a Good Place to Be! It’s our fabulous staff.
We have the following job openings right now:
After School Educator & After School Evening Program
Location: BGC Main Club, South End Community Centre, & Belleisle
The BGC Greater Saint John is currently seeking an After School Educator for our Main Club & Belleisle locations & an After School/Evening Program team member for our South End Community Centre location.
Successful candidates will join a team of Educators providing after-school and evening programming at BGC.
After School Educators will be responsible for organizing a plan and implementing a variety of fun and engaging activities for school-age children.
After School Educators & Evening Program team members will also work full-time hours on school holidays and closures, including Winter Break, March Break, and Summer Break.
Hours: Permanent Part-Time Hours with seasonal Full-Time Hours
Part-time hours: During the school year: 20-30 per week, Monday – Friday, 1 pm-6 pm.
Full-time hours (seasonal): During the summer, PD days, and school breaks. Up to 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday between 7:30 am and 6:00 pm.
- College or other non-university certificates, or diploma, or 1 to 2 years or equivalent experience;
- Early Childhood Education Diploma is considered an asset;
- Prior experience working with school-age children in a group setting;
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills;
- Clear criminal record and vulnerable sector check and clear Social Development Background Check;
- 16-hour Workplace Standard First aid & CPR ‘C’ valid certificate. **
**Applicants may apply before they receive their first aid certificate, criminal record check, or social development check, but must receive all 3 before being offered a position.**
**Please indicate which location you are applying for: Main Club or South End Community Centre**
Inclusion Support Worker
Location: South End Community Center, and Main Club
The BGC Greater Saint John is currently seeking an Inclusion Support Worker.
The successful candidate will join a team providing after-school programming at the BGC Greater Saint John in our South End Community Centre, or in our Main Location at 1 Paul Harris St.
The Inclusion Support Worker will work with one specific child in order to provide additional support to them in a group setting.
Hours: Permanent 20-30 hours/week between the hours of 1 pm and 6 pm, no weekends.
Location: BGC’s South End Community Centre location and/or BGC’s main location.
Salary: $16.90 per hour
- Enrolled in or have completed a program that deals with child behavioral management or childhood exceptionalities. (i.e. Educational Assistant, Early Childhood Education)
- Experience working with children with exceptionalities.
- Knowledge of strategies designed to promote inclusive environments and programs in childcare.
- Work collaboratively within the after-school childcare team/program to provide an inclusive program for a child with exceptionalities.
- Current Workplace Standard First Aid/CPR (16-hour course);
- Clear criminal record, vulnerable sector, and social development background checks.
***Please state in your application which location you would like to work in***
RVYC Leadership Counsellor
Location: Grand Bay Westfield
River Valley Youth Centre, located at the rink level of the River Valley Community Centre, operated by the BGC Greater Saint John (formerly the Boys and Girls Club of Saint John), is currently looking for a Leadership Counsellor.
Leadership Counsellors are people who believe in youth, and want to help them achieve their full potential. Counsellors develop strong, caring, relationships with the children and youth, while leading fun and engaging programs.
They provide mentorship, guidance, and support, as youth build confidence, develop leadership skills, make healthy choices, and increase the likelihood that they will finish school.
Leadership Counsellors at the River Valley Youth Centre will plan and lead programs for middle school aged youth. These programs will be a combination of both National BGC and local programs.
Counsellors will assist the Team Lead in planning and implementing programs to create a great experience for Grand Bay-Westfield youth.
Hours: 15-20 hours per week, after school, no weekends.
Salary: $15.00 per hour
- Basic knowledge of developmental needs of youth;
- Social Development Check (conducted during interview process) and Clear Criminal Record/Vulnerable Sector Check;
- Workplace Standard First Aid & CPR (must be obtained before first day of work)
BGC Education Center Coordinator
Location: BGC Learning Centre
BGC Greater Saint John is currently seeking a BGC Education Center Coordinator to operate programming at the BGC Education Center Located at 37 Hanover St, Saint John. As the Education Center Coordinator, you will plan and implement programs and services based on education, mentorship and leadership development.
Hours: Permanent, Salaried Position
About the Job:
• Candidates would manage staff, volunteers, children and youth at the BGC Education Center.
• Plan and implement Educational Programs and services for children & youth.
• Recruit, assess and track outcomes and member information.
• Ability to effectively communicate in oral & written form to complete funding reports, program evaluation, etc.
• Be the liaison between community partners & stakeholders for Educational Programming.
• Deliver presentations to community partners & stakeholders regarding Educational Programming.
• Work with vulnerable and diverse communities and promote inclusion in all programming.
• Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects.
• Recruit, track and retain information on BGC Education Center members.
• Ability to effectively identify and resolve issues and concerns that arise in the Education Center, with help from the Program Director.
• Degree or diploma in Education, Business, Social Science or related field is an asset.
• Two years of relevant work experience may substitute for a degree or diploma.
• Drive & initiative to pursue continued learning & professional development.
• Proficient in operating office tech equipment and supporting software i.e. Microsoft Office, etc.
• Displays an exceptional level of professionalism, knowledge, productivity, and high ethical standards.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong team player.
This posting will be active until September 9, 2022.
However interested candidates are encouraged to express their interest promptly as candidate submissions will be continuously reviewed on an ongoing basis.
To apply for this position, send a resume and cover letter to BGC Greater Saint John at email@example.com
Address the cover letter to Program Director, Amanda Downey.